Hieu V. Phan is an Assistant Professor of Finance at the University of Massachusetts at Lowell, MA. Shantaram P. Hegde is a Professor of Finance at the University of Connecticut in Storrs, CT.
Pension Contributions and Firm Performance: Evidence from Frozen Defined Benefit Plans
Article first published online: 4 SEP 2012
© 2012 Financial Management Association International
Volume 42, Issue 2, pages 373–411, Summer 2013
How to Cite
Phan, H. V. and Hegde, S. P. (2013), Pension Contributions and Firm Performance: Evidence from Frozen Defined Benefit Plans. Financial Management, 42: 373–411. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2012.01218.x
We appreciate the helpful comments from Bill Christie (Editor), three anonymous referees, Assaf Eisdorfer, Carmelo Giaccotto, Joseph Golec, John Harding, Sigitas Karpavicius, Jung-Min Kim, Sanjay Kudrimoti, Alfred Liu, Marcel Prokopczuk, Susan Thorp, as well as session participants at the 2009 International Conference at Iqfai Business School (Bangalore), 2009 and 2010 Financial Management Association International Annual Meetings, 2009 Eastern Finance Association Annual Meeting, 2009 Southwestern Finance Association Annual Meeting, 2011 FINCON at Management Development Institute (Gurgaon), and seminar participants at the University of Connecticut, Massey University, University of Adelaide, and Victoria University of Wellington. A previous version of this paper was titled “Impact of Change in Retirement Benefit Plans on Firm's Investment, Value, and Risk.” All errors remain the sole responsibility of the authors.
- Issue published online: 28 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 4 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!