Hieu V. Phan is an Assistant Professor of Finance at the University of Massachusetts at Lowell, MA. Shantaram P. Hegde is a Professor of Finance at the University of Connecticut in Storrs, CT.
Pension Contributions and Firm Performance: Evidence from Frozen Defined Benefit Plans
Version of Record online: 4 SEP 2012
© 2012 Financial Management Association International
Volume 42, Issue 2, pages 373–411, Summer 2013
How to Cite
Phan, H. V. and Hegde, S. P. (2013), Pension Contributions and Firm Performance: Evidence from Frozen Defined Benefit Plans. Financial Management, 42: 373–411. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2012.01218.x
We appreciate the helpful comments from Bill Christie (Editor), three anonymous referees, Assaf Eisdorfer, Carmelo Giaccotto, Joseph Golec, John Harding, Sigitas Karpavicius, Jung-Min Kim, Sanjay Kudrimoti, Alfred Liu, Marcel Prokopczuk, Susan Thorp, as well as session participants at the 2009 International Conference at Iqfai Business School (Bangalore), 2009 and 2010 Financial Management Association International Annual Meetings, 2009 Eastern Finance Association Annual Meeting, 2009 Southwestern Finance Association Annual Meeting, 2011 FINCON at Management Development Institute (Gurgaon), and seminar participants at the University of Connecticut, Massey University, University of Adelaide, and Victoria University of Wellington. A previous version of this paper was titled “Impact of Change in Retirement Benefit Plans on Firm's Investment, Value, and Risk.” All errors remain the sole responsibility of the authors.
- Issue online: 28 MAY 2013
- Version of Record online: 4 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!