Najah Attig is an Associate Professor at Saint Mary's University, Sobey School of Business in Halifax, Canada.. Sean Cleary is the BMO Professor of Finance at Queen's School of Business at Queen's University in Kingston, Canada. Sadok El Ghoul is an Associate Professor at the University of Alberta in Edmonton, Canada. Omrane Guedhami is an Associate Professor at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, SC and an Adjunct Research Professor at Memorial University of Newfoundland in St. John's, Canada.
Institutional Investment Horizons and the Cost of Equity Capital
Article first published online: 20 DEC 2012
© 2012 Financial Management Association International
Volume 42, Issue 2, pages 441–477, Summer 2013
How to Cite
Attig, N., Cleary, S., El Ghoul, S. and Guedhami, O. (2013), Institutional Investment Horizons and the Cost of Equity Capital. Financial Management, 42: 441–477. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-053X.2012.01221.x
We thank Bill Christie (Editor), two anonymous reviewers, Narjess Boubakri, Eric Brisker, Kershen Huang, and participants at the 2012 Eastern Finance Association Meeting, 12th Symposium on Finance, Banking, and Insurance, 2011 Northern Finance Association Conference, 2011 FMA Applied Finance Conference, and 2010 Southern Finance Association for their insights on an earlier version of this paper. We appreciate generous financial support from Canada's Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council.
- Issue published online: 28 MAY 2013
- Article first published online: 20 DEC 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1Institutional shareholding and information content of dividend surprises: Re-examining the dynamics in dividend-reappearance era, Journal of Corporate Finance, 2015, 31, 152, , , ,
- 3The Local Roots of Corporate Social Responsibility, Journal of Business Ethics, 2015,, ,
- 4Firm Internationalization and Corporate Social Responsibility, Journal of Business Ethics, 2014,, , , ,
- 5Institutional Investment Horizons and the Stock Performance of Private Equity Placements: Evidence from the Taiwanese Listed Firms, Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies, 2014, 17, 02, 1450009, , ,