REDD payments as incentive for reducing forest loss
Version of Record online: 19 JAN 2010
©2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 3, Issue 2, pages 114–121, April 2010
How to Cite
Sandker, M., Nyame, S. K., Förster, J., Collier, N., Shepherd, G., Yeboah, D., Blas, D. E.-d., Machwitz, M., Vaatainen, S., Garedew, E., Etoga, G., Ehringhaus, C., Anati, J., Quarm, O. D. K. and Campbell, B. M. (2010), REDD payments as incentive for reducing forest loss. Conservation Letters, 3: 114–121. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-263X.2010.00095.x
- Issue online: 20 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 19 JAN 2010
- Received: 3 June 2009; accepted 15 December 2009.
- 2008) Moving AHEAD with REDD: issues, options and implications. CIFOR, Bogor , Indonesia . (
- 2008) Reducing emissions from deforestation and degradation in Cameroon—assessing costs and benefits. Ecol Econ 68, 336–344. , (
- 2009) REDD in the red: palm oil could undermine carbon payment schemes. Conserv Lett 2, 67–73. , , (
- 2006) In search of optimal stocking regimes in semi-arid grazing lands: one size does not fit all. Ecol Econ 60, 75–85. , , , , (
- 2008) State and trends of the carbon market 2008. World Bank, Washington , DC . , (
- CarbonPositive. (2009) Indonesia reveals REDD revenue shares. Available from: URL http://www.carbonpositive.net/viewarticle.aspx?articleID=1602. Accessed 17 September 2009.
- 2005) Carbon dynamics simulation in Malinau Research Forest, Borneo, Indonesia. Thesis, Wageningen University, The Netherlands . . (
- 2009) The potential of reducing emissions from deforestation and degradation (REDD) in Western Ghana. Thesis, University of Bayreuth, Germany . (
- HPS (High Performance Systems). (1996) STELLA and STELLA research software. HPS, Hanover , NH .
- 2007) Do trees grow on money? The implications of deforestation research for policies to promote REDD. Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR), Bogor, Indonesia. , , , , , (
- 2001) The causes of land-use and land-cover change: moving beyond the myths. Glob Environ Change 11, 261–269. , , et al . (
- NRMP (Natural Resource Management Programme). (1999) Globally significant biodiversity areas ‘fure head waters’ and ‘fure river forest reserves’ in Wasa Amenfi West District gazetted by NRMP, Ghanaian Ministry of Lands Forests and Mines.
- 2007) Payments for environmental services in Costa Rica. Ecol Econ 65, 712–724. (
- 1999) Economic Incentives for Cocoa Farmers to Tend Cocoa Trees in Southern Ghana. Unpublished Report for UK Department for International Development (DFID) Forestry Research Programme. Overseas Development Institute, London. , (
- 2007) Carbon mitigation by biofuels or by saving and restoring forests? Science 317, 902. , (
- 2009) Exploring forest wildlife conservation scenarios in Central Africa. Biodiversity Conserv 18, 2875–2892. , , et al . (
- 2007) Will forests remain in the face of oil palm expansion? Simulating change in Malinau, Indonesia. Ecol Soc 12, 37. , , (
- 2007) Opportunities for avoided deforestation with sustainable benefits. An Interim Report by the ASB Partnership for the Tropical Forest Margins. Nairobi, Kenya. , , et al . (
- UNFCCC (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change). (2007) Decision 2/CP.13 Reducing emissions from deforestation in developing countries: approaches to stimulate action. Pages 8–11 in FCCC/CP/2007/6/Add.1. Report of the Conference of the Parties on its thirteenth session, held in Bali from 3 to 15 December 2007, Addendum Part Two: Action taken by the Conference of the Parties at its thirteenth session. Bonn, Germany. Available from: http://unfccc.int/resource/docs/2007/cop13/eng/06a01.pdf#page=8. Accessed 1 December 2009.
- 2004) Mediated modeling. A system dynamics approach to environmental consensus building. Washington DC, USA. . (
- 2008) Carbon stock in rubber tree plantations in Western Ghana and Mato Grosso (Brazil). Forest Ecol Manage 255, 2347–2361. , , , , (
- 2007) Multifunctional agriculture: a transition theory perspective. Trowbridge, UK. (
- World Bank. (2009a) Commodity price data (pink sheet). Available from: URL http://go.worldbank.org/2O4NGVQC00. Accessed 17 September 2009.
- World Bank. (2009b) Prospects for the global economy: commodity forecast. Available from: URL http://go.worldbank.org/9VQJ4ACJZ0. Accessed 17 September 2009.