Optimal conservation planning for migratory animals: integrating demographic information across seasons
Version of Record online: 2 FEB 2010
©2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 3, Issue 3, pages 192–202, June 2010
How to Cite
Sheehy, J., Taylor, C. M., McCann, K. S. and Norris, D. R. (2010), Optimal conservation planning for migratory animals: integrating demographic information across seasons. Conservation Letters, 3: 192–202. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-263X.2010.00100.x
- Issue online: 7 JUN 2010
- Version of Record online: 2 FEB 2010
- Received: 12 November 2009; accepted: 24 January 2010.
- 2007) Hooded Warbler. Pages 524–525 in M.D. Cadman, D.A. Sutherland, G.G. Beck, D. Lepage, A.R. Couturier, editors. Atlas of the breeding birds of Ontario 2001–2005 . Bird Studies Canada, Environment Canada, Ontario Field Ornithologists, Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources, Ontario Nature, Toronto . (
- 1999) Dickcissels and crop damage in Venezuela: defining the problem with ecological models. Ecology 9, 732–739. , (
- 2004) Stable isotope ratios indicate that body condition in migrating passerines is influenced by winter habitat. P Roy Soc Lond B Bio 271, S215–S218. , , , (
- 2003) Body condition, migration and timing of reproduction in Snow Geese, a test of the condition-dependent model of optimal clutch size. Am Nat 162, 110–121. , , (
- 2000) Nesting success and nest-site selection by a neotropical migrant in a fragmented landscape. Can J Zool 78, 858–863. , (
- 2003) Mapping expert knowledge: redesigning the monarch butterfly biosphere reserve. Conserv Biol 17, 367–379. , , et al . (
- Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada. (2000) COSEWIC assessment and update status report on the Hooded Warbler Wilsonia citrina in Canada. Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada. Ottawa .
- Congressional Research Service. (2002) CRS Report RL31278, Arctic National Wildlife Refuge: Background and Issues, LC, 1–119.
- 2008) Fisheries management in practice: review of 13 commercially important fish stocks. Rev Fish Biol Fisher 18, 201–233. , , (
- 1972) Populations in a seasonal environment . Princeton University Press, Princeton . (
- 2008) Optimal management of a goose flyway: migrant management at minimum cost. J Appl Ecol 45, 1446–1452. , , , (
- 2007) Optimal conservation of migratory species. PLoS ONE 2, 1–5. , , , , , (
- Migratory Bird Conservation Commission. (2008) 2007 Annual Report-Migratory Bird Conservation Commission, 1–50.
- 2005) Carry-over effects and habitat quality in migratory populations. Oikos 109, 178–186. (
- 2006) Predicting the consequences of carry-over effects for migratory populations. Biol Lett 2, 148–151. , (
- 2004) Tropical winter habitat limits reproductive success on the temperate breeding grounds in a migratory bird. P Roy Soc B-Biol Sci 271, 59–64. , , , , (
- 1994) Hooded Warbler (Wilsonia citrina) in A. Poole, F. Gill, editors. The Birds of North America . Academy of Natural Sciences, Philadelphia, PA, and American Ornithologists’ Union, Washington , DC . , (
- 1992) A warbler in trouble: Dendroica cerulea. Pages 549–562 in J.M. Hagan, D.W. Johnston, editors. Ecology and conservation of neotropical migrant landbirds . Smithsonian Institution Press, Washington , DC . , , (
- 2002) Variation in survivorship of a migratory songbird throughout its annual cycle. J Anim Ecol 71, 296–308. , (
- 2004) Experimentally reducing neighbor density affects reproduction and behavior of a migratory songbird. Ecology 85, 2467–2477. , , (
- 1996). Predicting the consequences of habitat loss for migratory populations. P Roy Soc B-Biol Sci 263, 1325–1327. (
- Vista Real Estate (2009) Property detail: Runaway Creek Wildlife Reserve. Available from: http://www.belizerealestate.bz/index.php?action=listingview&listingID=255. Accessed 29 October 2009.