Editor Devid Pellow
The Lithium future—resources, recycling, and the environment
Version of Record online: 23 MAR 2011
©2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 4, Issue 3, pages 202–206, June/July 2011
How to Cite
Wanger, T. C. (2011), The Lithium future—resources, recycling, and the environment. Conservation Letters, 4: 202–206. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-263X.2011.00166.x
- Issue online: 7 JUN 2011
- Version of Record online: 23 MAR 2011
- Received , 16 November 2010, Accepted, 9 February 2011
- 2009) Estimating the opportunity cost of Lithium extraction in the Salar de Uyuni, Bolivia. Page 58. Nicholas school of the environment. Duke University, Durham . (
- 2010) Fish and aquatic habitat conservation in South America: a continental overview with emphasis on neotropical systems. J Fish Biol 76, 2118–2176. , , et al . (
- 1981) Occurrence of benthic microbial mats in saline lakes. Hydrobiologia 81–2, 87–111. (
- 2004) Contested terrain: mining and the environment. Annu Rev Environ Resour 29, 205–259. (
- 2009) Simultaneous determination of microcystin contaminations in various vertebrates (fish, turtle, duck and water bird) from a large eutrophic Chinese lake, Lake Taihu, with toxic Microcystis blooms. Sci Total Environ 407, 3317–3322. , , , , (
- 2010) Recycling rechargeable lithium ion batteries: critical analysis of natural resource savings. Resour Conserv Recycl 54, 229–234. , , et al . (
- 2009) Impacts of increased sediment loads on the ecology of lakes. Biol Rev 84, 517–531. , (
- 2009) Hydrometallurgical separation of aluminium, cobalt, copper and lithium from spent Li-ion batteries. J Power Sources 187, 238–246. , , , (
- 2009) Lithium ion batteries: possible materials issues in U.S. Department of Energy. Agonnee National Laboratory Publication, Washington , D.C . , (
- 2004) Handbook of lithium and natural calcium chloride – their deposits, processing, uses and properties. Academic Press, Amsterdam, The Netherlands . (
- GRS (2010) Wertvolle Rohstoffe zurückgewinnen. Gemeinsames Rücknahme System, Hamburg , Germany .
- 2009) Environmental impacts and impact on the electricity market of a large scale introduction of electric cars in Europe—critical review of literature. European Topic Centre on Air and Climate Change, Bilthoven, The Netherlands . Available from: http://acm.eionet.europa.eu/docs/ETCACC_TP_2009_4_electromobility.pdf. Accessed 24 April 2010. , , , (
- 2009) Lithium battery recycling gets a boost. Technol Rev. Available from: http://www.technologyreview.com/energy/23215/page1/?a=f. Accessed 16 April 2010. (
- 2008) Cyanobacterial harmful algal blooms: state of the science and research needs. Springer-Verlag Berlin, Berlin . (
- 1983) Ornitholimnology – effects of grazing by the Andean Flamingo (Phoenicoparrus andinus). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A-Biol Sci 80, 4766–4769. , (
- 2008) Electric cars: plugged in: batteries must be included. Deutsche Bank, New York . , , (
- 2008) Sustainable energy – without the hot air. UIT Cambridge, Cambridge , UK . (
- 1997) Water availability, protected areas, and natural resources in the Andean desert altiplano. Mt Res Dev 17, 229–238. , , (
- 2002) Impact of gold mining on the environment and human health: a case study in the Migori gold belt, Kenya. Environ Geochem Health 24, 141–58. , , (
- 2004) Bioelectric power generation. Trends Biotechnol 22, 99–100. (
- 2009) Market survey of fuel cells in Mexico: niche for low power portable systems. J Power Sources 186, 455–463. , (
- 2006) Simple and accurate one-sided inference based on a class of M-estimators. Biometrika 93, 973–987. (
- UNdata (2010) Industrial commodity statistics database. United Nations Statistics Division, New York . Available from: http://data.un.org/Explorer.aspx?d=ICS. Accessed 26 April 2010.
- USDE (2009) President Obama announces $2.4 billion in grants to accelerate the manufacturing and deployment of the next generation of U.S. batteries and electric vehicles. U.S. Department of Energy, Washington, D.C. Available from: http://www.energy.gov/7749.htm. Accessed 21 April 2010.
- USDT (2008) Safe.travel.dot.gov – Equivalent Lithium content. U.S. Department of Transportation. Washington, D.C. Available from: http://safetravel.dot.gov/definitions.html#lithium. Accessed 21 April 2010.
- USGS (2008) Mineral Yearbook – Lithium. U.S. Geological Survey. Available from: http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/lithium/myb1-2008-lithi.pdf. Accessed 14 April 2010.
- USGS (2010) Mineral Commodity Summaries – Lithium. U.S. Geological Survey. Available from: http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commodity/lithium/mcs-2010-lithi.pdf. Accessed 14 April 2010.
- 2006) One billion cars. The Wall Street Journal. Available from: http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB114487401909024337-ouwLdesvUMPaejrsk_WhxkaZzNU_20060516.html?mod=tff_main_tff_top. Accessed 15 April 2010. (
- 2009) The green vehicle trend: electric, plug-in hybrid or hydrogen fuel cell? DIME – Dynamics of Institutions and Markets in Europe 3, 1–40. , (