Effect on Mode of Death of Heart Failure Treatment Started with Bisoprolol Followed by Enalapril, Compared to the Opposite Order: Results of the Randomized CIBIS III Trial
Version of Record online: 1 JUN 2010
© 2010 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Volume 29, Issue 2, pages 89–98, April 2011
How to Cite
Krum, H., van Veldhuisen, D. J., Funck-Brentano, C., Vanoli, E., Silke, B., Erdmann, E., Follath, F., Ponikowski, P., Goulder, M., Meyer, W., Lechat, P., Willenheimer, R. and behalf of the CIBIS III Investigators (2011), Effect on Mode of Death of Heart Failure Treatment Started with Bisoprolol Followed by Enalapril, Compared to the Opposite Order: Results of the Randomized CIBIS III Trial. Cardiovascular Therapeutics, 29: 89–98. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-5922.2010.00185.x
- Issue online: 24 FEB 2011
- Version of Record online: 1 JUN 2010
- 1For the task force for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure 2008 of the European Society of Cardiology. Developed in collaboration with the Heart Failure Association of the ESC (HFA) and endorsed by the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM). ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure 2008. Eur J Heart Fail 2008;10:933–989., , , et al.
- 7IMPROVEMENT of Heart Failure Programme Committees and Investigators. Improvement programme in evaluation and management; Study Group on Diagnosis of the Working Group on Heart Failure of The European Society of Cardiology Management of heart failure in primary care (the IMPROVEMENT of Heart Failure Programme): An international survey. Lancet 2002;360:1631–1639., , , et al.
- 18Early autonomic and repolarization abnormalities contribute to lethal arrhythmias in chronic ischemic heart failure. Characteristics of a novel heart failure model in conscious dogs with post-myocardial infarction left ventricular dysfunction. J Am Coll Cardiol 2001;37:1741–1748., .
- 22on behalf of the CIBIS-III investigators. Comparison of treatment initiation with bisoprolol versus enalapril in chronic heart failure patients: Rationale and Design of CIBIS-III. Eur J Heart Fail 2004;6:493–500., , , et al.
- 23on behalf of the CIBIS III investigators. Effect on survival and hospitalization of initiating treatment for chronic heart failure with bisoprolol followed by enalapril, as compared with the opposite sequence. Results of the Randomized Cardiac Insufficiency Bisoprolol Study (CIBIS) III. Circulation 2005;112:2426–2435., , , et al.
- 27Eplerenone Post-Acute Myocardial Infarction Heart Failure Efficacy and Survival Study Investigators. Eplerenone, a selective aldosterone blocker, in patients with left ventricular dysfunction after myocardial infarction. N Engl J Med 2003;348:1309–1321., , , et al.
- 31SENIORS Investigators. Tolerability and dose-related effects of nebivolol in elderly patients with heart failure: Data from the Study of the Effects of Nebivolol Intervention on Outcomes and Rehospitalisation in Seniors with Heart Failure (SENIORS) trial. Am Heart J 2007;154:109–115., , , et al.