M. Chen and J.F. Wei contributed equally to this investigation.
A Meta-Analysis of Impact of Proton Pump Inhibitors on Antiplatelet Effect of Clopidogrel
Version of Record online: 30 MAY 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Volume 30, Issue 5, pages e227–e233, October 2012
How to Cite
Chen, M., Wei, J.-F., Xu, Y.-N., Liu, X.-J. and Huang, D.-J. (2012), A Meta-Analysis of Impact of Proton Pump Inhibitors on Antiplatelet Effect of Clopidogrel. Cardiovascular Therapeutics, 30: e227–e233. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-5922.2011.00289.x
- Issue online: 7 SEP 2012
- Version of Record online: 30 MAY 2011
- 2ACCF/ACG/AHA 2008 expert consensus document on reducing the gastrointestinal risks of antiplatelet therapy and NSAID use. A report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation Task Force on clinical expert consensus documents. Circulation2008;118:1894–1909., , , et al.
- 3BJCardio editorial staff. EMEA warns of possible interaction between clopidogrel and PPIs. Br J Cardiol2009;16:164.
- 9A national study of the effect of individual proton pump inhibitors on cardiovascular outcomes in patients treated with clopidogrel following coronary stenting: The Clopidogrel Medco Outcomes Study. Program and abstracts of the 32nd Annual SCAI Scientific Sessions, 2009, Las Vegas , Nevada ., , , et al.
- 10European Medicines Agency. Public statement on possible interaction between clopidogrel and proton pump inhibitors. 2009. Available from: http://www.emea.europa.eu/humandocs/PDFs/EPAR/Plavix/32895609en.pdf [Accessed 23 September 2009].
- 11US Food and Drug Administration. Early Communication about an Ongoing Safety Review of clopidogrel bisulfate (marketed as Plavix). Available from: http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafety-InformationforPatientsandProviders/DrugSafetyInformationforHeathcareProfessionals/ucm079520.htm [Accessed 23 September 2009].
- 13Proton pump inhibitors effect on Clopidogrel Effectiveness: The Clopidogrel Medco outcomes study. Circulation2008;118:S815., , , et al.
- 14Prasugrel compared with high loading- and maintenance-dose clopidogrel in patients with planned percutaneous coronary intervention: The Prasugrel in Comparison to Clopidogrel for Inhibition of Platelet Activation and Aggregation-Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction 44 trial. Circulation2007;116:2923–2932., , , et al.
- 16Baseline proton pump inhibitor use is associated with increased cardiovascular events with and without the use of clopidogrel in the CREDO Trial. Circulation2008;118:S815., , , et al.