Effect of Tight Blood Glucose Control Versus Conventional Control in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systematic Review with Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
Article first published online: 29 DEC 2011
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Volume 31, Issue 3, pages 147–160, June 2013
How to Cite
Buehler, A. M., Cavalcanti, A. B., Berwanger, O., Figueiro, M., Laranjeira, L. N., Zazula, A. D., Kioshi, B., Bugano, D. G., Santucci, E., Sbruzzi, G., Guimaraes, H. P., Carvalho, V. O. and Bordin, S. A. (2013), Effect of Tight Blood Glucose Control Versus Conventional Control in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: A Systematic Review with Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Cardiovascular Therapeutics, 31: 147–160. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-5922.2011.00308.x
- Issue published online: 17 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 29 DEC 2011
- 3World Health Organization. Causes of death 2008: Data sources and methods. Geneva 2010. Available from: http://www.who.int/healthinfo/global_burden_disease/cod_2008_sources_methods.pdf [Accessed 6 July 2011].
- 5Tight blood pressure control and risk of macrovascular and microvascular complications in type 2 diabetes: UKPDS 38. UK Prospective Diabetes Study Group 1. BMJ1998;317:703–713.
- 6The effect of intensive treatment of diabetes on the development and progression of long-term complications in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. The Diabetes Control and Complications Trial Research Group. N Engl J Med1993;329:977–986.
- 7Diabetic microvascular complications: Possible targets for improved macrovascular outcomes. Int J Nephrol Renovasc Dis2011;4:1–15., , , , , .
- 9Intensive blood-glucose control with sulphonylureas or insulin compared with conventional treatment and risk of complications in patients with type 2 diabetes (UKPDS 33). UK Prospective Diabetes Study (UKPDS) Group. Lancet1998;352:837–853.
- 16Effect of strict glycemic control on clinical state and course of the disease in patients with chronic heart failure and type II diabetes mellitus. Results of the REMBO “rational effective multicomponent therapy in the struggle against diabetes mellitus in patients with congestive heart failure” study. Kardiologiia2008;48:17–27., , , et al.
- 17Effect of intensive blood-glucose control with metformin on complications in overweight patients with type 2 diabetes (UKPDS 34). UK Prospective Diabetes Study (UKPDS) Group. Lancet1998;352:854–865.
- 38Pioglitazone treatment is associated with reduced cardiovascular ischemic events in type 2 diabetic patients with high or low cardiovascular risk. Diabetes2008;57(Suppl 1):A155–A156., .
- 45Thiazolidinedione intervention with vitamin D evaluation (TIDE).ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00879970. 2011.