*The author wishes to express his gratitude to Professors Jean L. Briggs, Frank E. Jones, and Robert W. Habenstein for their helpful comments on various drafts of the manuscript.
Studying the Definition of the Situation: Theory and Field Research Strategies*
Article first published online: 23 JAN 2009
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 6, Issue 4, pages 193–211, November 1969
How to Cite
Stebbins, R. A. (1969), Studying the Definition of the Situation: Theory and Field Research Strategies. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 6: 193–211. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1969.tb02309.x
- Issue published online: 23 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 23 JAN 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!