*Revision of paper presented at the Midwest Sociological Society meetings, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, April 1973. The study is supported in part, by contract, CM-12, from the Research and Planning Branch of the Ontario Ministry of Health. We are grateful to the administration, staff, and patients of Queen Street Mental Health Centre for their cooperation and interest. We are greatly indebted to Professor Peter K. New of the Department of Behavioural Science for his consistent encouragement, guidance, and assistance.
Environment and mental health: the impact of new buildings on the programs and organization of a psychiatric hospital*
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 12, Issue 2, pages 193–205, May 1975
How to Cite
KELNER, M. J., HAOUR, M. K., COURT, J. P.M. and VOINESKOS, G. (1975), Environment and mental health: the impact of new buildings on the programs and organization of a psychiatric hospital. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 12: 193–205. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1975.tb00038.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!