*This work was supported by a grant from the Department of Manpower and Immigration, Government of Canada. We are indebted to Margrit Eichler of OISE for her supportive role and continued interest in our work. We appreciate the insightful comments and suggestions that were offered to us by John Goyder, Alf Hunter, Burton Leathers, Powhatan Woolridge, and the journal's reviewers. Thanks also to Peter Pineo and John Porter for providing us with their data on occupational prestige.
A comparison of the allocation of male and female occupational prestige*
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 14, Issue 3, pages 320–330, August 1977
How to Cite
GUPPY, L.N. and SILTANEN, J.L. (1977), A comparison of the allocation of male and female occupational prestige*. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 14: 320–330. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1977.tb00354.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!