*This paper was received May, 1977, and accepted November, 1978. point to causes of recent conflict over educational policy. The ‘cultural capital’ of parental education appears to aid most the children of the ideological class and to maintain and reproduce capitalist dominance/subordination relationships.
Social class in the educational system: an international comparison*
Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 18, Issue 3, pages 299–320, August 1981
How to Cite
IINDSEY, J.K. (1981), Social class in the educational system: an international comparison. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 18: 299–320. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1981.tb00057.x
- Issue online: 14 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!