*Data for analyses were provided by Dr. David G. Fish and Dr. Noralou P. Roos, Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba. Funding for the study was provided by Public Health Research Grants, the Kellogg Foundation, and the Canada Council. The junior author was supported, in part, by National Health Grant #607–1034-21 in the initial stages of this analysis. We are indebted to Dr. Fish and Dr. Roos for making these data available to us.
Medical schools as agents of professional socialization*
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 18, Issue 1, pages 67–81, February 1981
How to Cite
CHAPPELL, N. L. and COLWILL, N. L. (1981), Medical schools as agents of professional socialization. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 18: 67–81. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1981.tb01224.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!