*The Quality of Life data were made available by the Institute for Behavioural Research at York University, Toronto, through the University of Waterloo Data Resource Centre. These data were produced by the Social Change in Canada Project, directed by Tom Atkinson, Bernard Blishen, Michael Ornstein, and H. Michael Stevenson of York University, and funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (grant no. 575-0332). As usual, neither the original investigators nor the disseminating archives are responsible for the analysis and interpretations reported here. R.D. Lambert acknowledges leave fellowship support from the SSHRCC (grant no. 451–790040) which provided some of the time for the preparation of this paper. We thank the Universities of Waterloo and Windsor for support in computer time. Finally, we wish also to thank Barry Adam, Carl Cuneo, Lawrence LeDuc, Michael Ornstein, Carole Uhlaner, and the anonymous reviewers of the CRSA for their helpful criticisms. A version of this paper was presented at the Annual Meetings of the Canadian Sociology and Anthropology Association, Montreal, 4 June 1980.
Education and support for dominant ideology*
Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 19, Issue 2, pages 173–195, May 1982
How to Cite
BAER, D. E. and LAMBERT, R. D. (1982), Education and support for dominant ideology*. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 19: 173–195. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1982.tb00859.x
- Issue online: 14 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
- received in December, 1979, revised in November, 1980, accepted November, 1980.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!