*Earlier versions of this paper were presented at the Western Sociology and Anthropology Association meetings in Lethbridge, February 1980 and at the Fourth Conference on Blue Collar Workers and their Communities in Hamilton, May 1981. I would like to thank Roberta Hamilton for her very helpful comments on earlier drafts.
Social resistance and the exploited poor in the low-income marketplace: The case of debt collection in two Montreal communities*
Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 19, Issue 3, pages 326–347, August 1982
How to Cite
MCMULLAN, J. L. (1982), Social resistance and the exploited poor in the low-income marketplace: The case of debt collection in two Montreal communities*. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 19: 326–347. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1982.tb00868.x
- Issue online: 14 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
- received July, 1980, accepted March, 1981.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!