*Revision of a paper ‘Occupational attainment of native-born Canadian women’ which was presented at the 1977 Canadian Sociological and anthropological Association meeting, Fredericton, New Brunswick. The author thanks Carl Cuneo, David L. Featherman, Elizabeth Humphreys, Hugh A. McRoberts, Judah Matras, and John Myles for their helpful comments on earlier versions and Bonnie Shiell and Gillian Stevens who were research assistants. The data analyzed in this paper are from the Canadian Mobility Study of which the principal investigators were Monica Boyd, John Goyder, Frank E. Jones, Hugh A. McRoberts, Peter C. Pineo, and John Porter. The research presented in this paper was supported by the Canada Council grant for the Canadian Mobility Study, #S73-1894, by the Center for Demography and Ecology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, under NIH Center Grant #HDo5876, and by a faculty computer account at Carleton University.
Sex differences in the Canadian occupational attainment process*
Version of Record online: 24 SEP 2008
© 1982 Canadian Sociology and Anthropology Association
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 19, Issue 1, pages 1–28, February 1982
How to Cite
BOYD, M. (1982), Sex differences in the Canadian occupational attainment process. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 19: 1–28. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1982.tb01319.x
- Issue online: 24 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 24 SEP 2008
- This paper was received January 1979, and accepted October 1979.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!