*I would like to thank Vito Sigorile, Carl Couch, Richard Woodworth, Mary Lou Dietz, Sally Snyder, Doug Baer, and the anonymous C.R.S.A. reviewers for comments and suggestions on earlier drafts of this paper.
Designating discretion and openness: the problematics of truthfulness in everyday life*
Version of Record online: 24 SEP 2008
© 1982 Canadian Sociology and Anthropology Association
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 19, Issue 1, pages 70–91, February 1982
How to Cite
Prus, R. C. (1982), Designating discretion and openness: the problematics of truthfulness in everyday life. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 19: 70–91. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1982.tb01322.x
- Issue online: 24 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 24 SEP 2008
- This paper was received March, 1978 and accepted December, 1979.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!