*I would like to thank my racing partner, Bob C. Cohoon, for his enthusiasm and friendship over the past decade. His role as crewchief and crew made the Dawg Racing Team possible. I would like to thank J. David Romer, now of the national office of Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs, for getting Bob and me involved in racing in the first place. I would like to thank Jeanette Buckingham for her helpful suggestions regarding the preparation of the manuscript.
The structure and substance of automobile racing, or how hi-tech keeps its greasy side down
Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 21, Issue 3, pages 318–330, August 1984
How to Cite
Fisher, A. d. (1984), The structure and substance of automobile racing, or how hi-tech keeps its greasy side down. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 21: 318–330. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1984.tb00917.x
- Issue online: 14 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
- >February 1983, May 1983
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!