*This is a revision of a paper presented at the 1988 annual meeting of the Population Association of America. The author conducted the research for this paper as a Visiting Fellow (1988–1989) at the Social and Economic Studies Division, Statistics Canada. The analysis presented in this paper is the responsibility of the author, and it does not necessarily represent the views of Statistics Canada. John Myles was a collaborator in the initial stage of the project, and his input is gratefully acknowledged. The author also thanks Susan Leroux who analysed census data sets, Alfred Hunter and Michael Manley who provided skill scores, and Jennifer Quaile, Carleton University, who meticulously typed tables and text revisions. Two CRSA reviewers provided helpful comments on an earlier draft. This manuscript was received in May, 1989 and accepted in March, 1990.
Sex differences in occupational skill: Canada, 1961–1986
Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 27, Issue 3, pages 285–315, August 1990
How to Cite
Boyd, M. (1990), Sex differences in occupational skill: Canada, 1961–1986. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 27: 285–315. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1990.tb00127.x
- Issue online: 14 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!