*Horowitz entitled an autobiographical article by Lipset in a volume he edited (Horowitz, 1969) ‘From Socialism to Sociology’. Lipset objected to this title and a sticker with another title, ‘Socialism and Sociology,’ was placed over the original title in the book. I leave it to the reader to ponder the significance of the parallel between the original title and the title of the current article.
From sociology to theology: a reply to Lipset*
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 27, Issue 4, pages 536–539, November 1990
How to Cite
Bowden, G. (1990), From sociology to theology: a reply to Lipset. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 27: 536–539. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1990.tb00139.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!