*The author wishes to thank Richard G. Mitchell, Jr., Robert Prus, Joel Best, Doug Harper, Donileen Loeseke and the anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments on earlier versions of this paper. This article is a revision of a paper presented at the Canadian Sociology and Anthropology Association Meetings in Quebec, in 1989. This manuscript was received in August, 1989 and accepted in December, 1990.
Negotiating respectability in ambiguous commerce: selling sex paraphernalia at home parties*
Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 28, Issue 3, pages 377–392, August 1991
How to Cite
Baumann, E. A. (1991), Negotiating respectability in ambiguous commerce: selling sex paraphernalia at home parties. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 28: 377–392. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1991.tb00161.x
- Issue online: 14 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!