*This article is part of a larger study on the body and the senses entitled The Body Social, to be published by Routledge. The research was made possible in part by a grant from Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, number 410-89-1302; also by a grant from the Fragrance Research Fund, and I would like to thank Annette Green for her support. I would also like to thank, very much, Sharon Byer, Constance Classen, David Howes, Kathleen Murphy, and Joseph Smucker. This manuscript was received in December 1990 and accepted in July 1991.
A sociology of smell
Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 28, Issue 4, pages 437–459, November 1991
How to Cite
Synnott, A. (1991), A sociology of smell. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 28: 437–459. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1991.tb00164.x
- Issue online: 14 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!