This research was made possible by grant no. 410–88–0775 from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada for whose support we are grateful. We thank our research assistant, Cynthia Layden, who co-ordinated the interviewing, processed the data and has assisted with the analysis. Marilyn Porter, the CRSA editor and one of the anonymous referees made many helpful comments, which we have tried to incorporate as much as possible. We participate equally in all phases in this project, which is reflected in our practice of alternating the order of authorship with each publication. This is project paper 1–5. Earlier versions were presented to the Canadian Association of Rural Studies (1989) and the Rural Sociological Society (1989). This manuscript was received in January, 1990 and accepted in September, 1991.
Separate worlds: gender and domestic labour in an isolated fishing region
Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2009
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 29, Issue 1, pages 55–71, February 1992
How to Cite
SINCLAIR, P. R. and FELT, L. F. (1992), Separate worlds: gender and domestic labour in an isolated fishing region. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 29: 55–71. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1992.tb02425.x
- Issue online: 23 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!