Funding for the research reported herein was provided by the following sources, whom the authors gratefully acknowledge: The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (Research Grants Division and Fellowships Division); The Department of the Secretcuy of State of Canada (Canadian Ethnic Studies Research Program); The University of Calgary Research Grants Committee; an anonymous donor; and purchasers of the research monographs emanating from the project. The authors also wish to acknowledge Decima Research Ltd., which collected the data, and the dedication of computer programmer Dr. Thomas Huang and the team of research assistants at The University of Calgary. This version of the article has benefitted from comments and suggestions offered by Neil Guppy, Ed Bell and two anonymous reviewers. Correspondence should be addressed to Tom Langford. This manuscript was received in April, 1991 and accepted in November, 1991.
Canadians' responses to aboriginal issues: the roles of prejudice, perceived group conflict and economic conservatism
Article first published online: 23 JAN 2009
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 29, Issue 2, pages 140–166, May 1992
How to Cite
LANGFORD, T. and PONTING, J. R. (1992), Canadians' responses to aboriginal issues: the roles of prejudice, perceived group conflict and economic conservatism. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 29: 140–166. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1992.tb02433.x
- Issue published online: 23 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 23 JAN 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!