*The research upon which this study is based is from a larger study of students of two public high schools and two private girls' schools in a large Canadian city. The senior author is indebted to the National Institute of Mental Health, the Wenner Grenn Foundation, and the Canada Council for research awards which made the 1966 study possible. The authors wish to thank the Queen's University School of Graduate Studies and Research for grants which permitted the analysis of the 1976 data and to the sshrcc for a Women and Work grant to collect the data for 1986 and to analyse the data over the 20-year period. We also wish to express our appreciation to the students, the schools and to the anonymous reviewers. This manuscript was received in March, 1993 and accepted in October, 1993.
Three decades of private school females' ambitions: Implications for Canadian elites
Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 31, Issue 2, pages 139–167, May 1994
How to Cite
Maxwell, M. P. and Maxwell, J. D. (1994), Three decades of private school females' ambitions: Implications for Canadian elites. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 31: 139–167. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1994.tb01255.x
- Issue online: 14 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!