The author wishes to thank the nurses and their families, the Congress of Black Women of Canada, Toronto Chapter, Nurses and Friends Against Discrimination, the officers of the Ontario Nurses Association, and others who shared information with her. This paper benefitted from the comments of a number of people who either heard or read earlier drafts. I am especially grateful for the critical comments, suggestions and probing questions of Akua Benjamin, Andrew Thornton, George Dei, Fiona MacCool, Anne Simpson and Handel Wright. The manuscript of this article was received in December 1995 and accepted in September 1996
Antiracism Organizing and Resistance in Nursing: African Canadian Women*
Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2009
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 33, Issue 3, pages 361–390, August 1996
How to Cite
Calliste, A. (1996), Antiracism Organizing and Resistance in Nursing: African Canadian Women. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 33: 361–390. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1996.tb02457.x
- Issue online: 23 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!