*A portion of this paper was presented at the Canadian Sociology and Anthropology Association annual meetings in June 1991. My thanks to the audience members and session participants for their helpful responses. Thanks also to Jinnean Barnard, James Cosgrave, Matthew Trachman, Glenn Moulaison, Flavio Multineddu, and the anonymous reviewers for their thoughtful comments. Finally, my thanks to Rosemary Brown for providing the powerful and compelling autobiography upon which this discussion is based.
Making the Sociological Promise: A Case Study of Rosemary Brown's Autobiography*
Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 36, Issue 3, pages 355–369, August 1999
How to Cite
Cormack, P. (1999), Making the Sociological Promise: A Case Study of Rosemary Brown's Autobiography. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 36: 355–369. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1999.tb00579.x
- Issue online: 14 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
- Submitted in April 1996 and accepted in March 1997
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!