*Please direct all correspondence to the author at the Department of Sociology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4, e-mail: email@example.com. Portions of this paper were presented at the annual meeting of the Canadian Sociology and Anthropology Association in St. Catharines, Ontario in June 1996. The research was completed while the author was a visiting scholar at the University of Trento (Italy), and was supported in part by an operating grant from the Research Grants Committee of the University of Calgary. I would like to thank Pierre Turcotte, Cycle Manager of Statistics Canada's General Social Survey, for providing me with an age recode that made this analysis possible, and R ibert Stebbins for his translation of the abstract. The manuscript of this article was submitted in Nove nber 1997 and accepted in January 1999.
Expansion and Ascription: Trends in Educational Opportunity in Canada, 1920–1994*
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 36, Issue 3, pages 409–442, August 1999
How to Cite
Wanner, R. A. (1999), Expansion and Ascription: Trends in Educational Opportunity in Canada, 1920–1994. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 36: 409–442. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1999.tb00582.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!