*The authors are grateful to the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada for funding this research (Grant #482–90–0021). They also wish to thank the LaMarsh Centre for Research on Violence and Conflict Resolution and the Institute for Social Research (York University) for their support, as well as Aysan Se'ver and two anonymous reviewers for their helpful comments. The genesis of this paper is unusual. Michael Smith and John Fox worked on an earlier version. When he died, Mike led a nearly complete, but rough, draft, along with an indication that he wished his then-student, Norman Morra, to participate in the project. After Mike's death, John didn't have the heart to proceed with the paper, but eventually decided it would better serve Mike's memory to see it to completion. John also believed the data Mike collected are important and should be reported. Norman and John decided they didn't have the expertise in the literature on sexual harassment to complete the paper as Mike would have wished, and they consequently asked Rhonda Lenton to join them. The current version of the paper is substantially different from the version that Mike left, although we believe that it has been completed in conformity with his standards and expectations. The current order of authorship reflects our relativecontributions to the project. The manuscript ofthis article was submitted in February 1999 and accepted in April 1999.
Sexual Harassment in Public Places: Experiences of Canadian Women*
Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 36, Issue 4, pages 517–540, November 1999
How to Cite
Lenton, R., Smith, M. D., Fox, J. and Morra, N. (1999), Sexual Harassment in Public Places: Experiences of Canadian Women. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 36: 517–540. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1999.tb00962.x
- Issue online: 14 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!