*This papaer was written while I was on a SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowship at St. Mary's University. It is based on my PhD thesis which I had the privilege of completing under the supervision of Dr. Peta Tancred. I am grateful also to the two anonymous reviewers for their constructive comments on an earlier draft. I would like to acknowledge the central contribution of the teleworkers I interviewed, who took time out of their busy schedules to share the knowledge which forms the foundation of this paper. The manuscript of this article was submitted in April 1996 and accepted in September 1997.
Legitimizing Work: Telework and the Gendered Reification of the Work-Nonwork Dichotomy*
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 36, Issue 1, pages 87–107, February 1999
How to Cite
Mirchandani, K. (1999), Legitimizing Work: Telework and the Gendered Reification of the Work-Nonwork Dichotomy. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 36: 87–107. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1999.tb01271.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!