*This study was partially funded by a University of Victoria faculty research grant. Additional research support was provided by the Department of Sociology, the University of Victoria. I would like to thank Shiva Halli, Pamela Smock, Murray Knuttila (Editor) and two anonymous reviewers for helpful comments on earlier drafts of the paper, and to Lynne Moffatt and Michael Pollard for research assistance. Early versions of this paper were presented at the 1996 annual meetings of the Canadian Population Society in St. Catharines, Ontario, and at the 1997 annual meetings of the Population Association of America in Washington, D.C. The manuscript of this article was submitted in August 1996 and accepted in May 1998.
Premarital Cohabitation and the Timing of First Marriage*
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 36, Issue 1, pages 109–127, February 1999
How to Cite
Wu, Z. (1999), Premarital Cohabitation and the Timing of First Marriage. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 36: 109–127. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.1999.tb01272.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!