*Authors are listed alphabetically and have made equal contributions to the paper. An earlier version of this paper was presented to the Workshop on “Understanding Information Technology, Globalization and Changes in the Nature of Work,” July 24–25, 1997, University of Alberta, Edmonton. We wish to thank workshop participants, Gordon Betcherman, Harvey Krahn, David Tippin and CRSA reviewers for helpful advice and comments on this work, and Sandra Rastin for editorial assistance. The manuscript of this article was submitted in November 1997 and accepted in July 1999.
Surveying the “Post-Industrial” Landscape: Information Technologies and Labour Market Polarization in Canada*
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 37, Issue 1, pages 29–53, February 2000
How to Cite
Hughes, K. D. and Lowe, G. S. (2000), Surveying the “Post-Industrial” Landscape: Information Technologies and Labour Market Polarization in Canada. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 37: 29–53. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.2000.tb00585.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!