*Direct correspondence to Richard A. Wanner, Department of Sociology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4 (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). Early versions of this paper were presented at the 1997 North American Meeting or the Research Committee on Social Stratification of the International Sociological Association in Québec City and the 1998 annual meeting of the Canadian Population Society in Ottawa. Portions of this research were conducted while the author was a Visiting Fellow at the Institute for Advanced Studies, Australian National University. Support was provided by an operating grant from the Research Grants Committee of the University of Calgary. I am grateful to Paul de Graaf, Robert Hauser, Lawrence Raffelovich and Allan Steeves for useful comments on earlier drafts, and to Robert Stebb'ms for his translation of the abstract. This manuscript was submitted in April 1999 and accepted in June 2000.
A Matter of Degree(s): Twentieth-Century Trends in Occupational Status Returns to Educational Credentials in Canada*
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 37, Issue 3, pages 313–343, August 2000
How to Cite
Wanner, R. A. (2000), A Matter of Degree(s): Twentieth-Century Trends in Occupational Status Returns to Educational Credentials in Canada. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 37: 313–343. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.2000.tb00593.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!