*The author would like to thank Lynda Erickson for making her 1993 candidate data set available, Chris Anderson for his research assistance, and the anonymous reviewers for their helpful suggestions. The manuscript of this article was submitted in January 1998 and accepted in November 1999.
Entering the Political Elite in Canada: The Case of Minority Women as Parliamentary Candidates and MPs*
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 37, Issue 2, pages 143–166, May 2000
How to Cite
Black, J. H. (2000), Entering the Political Elite in Canada: The Case of Minority Women as Parliamentary Candidates and MPs. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 37: 143–166. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.2000.tb01262.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!