*My thanks to John deRoche, who is always my best critic and prime support. I am also grateful for the thoughtful advice offered by the three anonymous readers. Authors always appreciate, but rarely explicitly acknowledge, helpful journal editors: so thanks to Belinda Leach. Last but not least, a word of gratitude to UCCB librarian Laura Syms who very much facilitated the collection of Statistics Canada data. This manuscript was first submitted in July, 2000 and accepted in June 2001
Workfare's Cousin: Exploring a Labour-force Enhancement Experiment in Cape Breton*
Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 38, Issue 3, pages 309–335, August 2001
How to Cite
de Roche, C. P. (2001), Workfare's Cousin: Exploring a Labour-force Enhancement Experiment in Cape Breton. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 38: 309–335. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.2001.tb00976.x
- Issue published online: 14 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 14 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!