*I would like to thank research assistants Kim Greenwell, Michelle Swann, Erin Bentley and Geneviève Lapointe, as well as the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada and the Hampton Fund at the University of British Columbia. I am also grateful to narrators who graciously shared their stories, Gillian Creese for generous feedback, and anonymous reviewers for thoughtful insights. This article is part of a book manuscript provisionally titled The Shake, the Rattle, and the Pole: Vancouver's Striptease Past. This manuscript was first submitted in August 2005 and accepted in April 2006. Contact:email@example.com.
“Troublemakers” in Tassels and C-Strings: Striptease Dancers and the Union Question in Vancouver, 1965–1980*
Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2009
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 43, Issue 3, pages 329–344, August 2006
How to Cite
ROSS, B. L. (2006), “Troublemakers” in Tassels and C-Strings: Striptease Dancers and the Union Question in Vancouver, 1965–1980. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 43: 329–344. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.2006.tb02228.x
- Issue online: 23 JAN 2009
- Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!