*I should like to thank Drs. Ray Bollman, David Bruce, Ivan Emke, Bill Reimer, David Robinson, and Anna Woodrow for comments, support, and inspiration. I am grateful also to the rural respondents who completed the survey, the community representatives who participated in the research, and all those who worked with the New Rural Economy (NRE) Research Project, a superlatively organized project that managed to be effective, innovative, and yet delightful. Thanks to SSHRC for funding. Thanks to the three anonymous reviewers of the Canadian Review of Sociology for their pithy counterarguments requiring protracted reanalysis and reformulation improvements.
Individual and Community Factors Affecting Psychological Sense of Community, Attraction, and Neighboring in Rural Communities*
Article first published online: 18 DEC 2008
© 2008 Canadian Sociological Association
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 45, Issue 3, pages 305–329, August 2008
How to Cite
WILKINSON, D. (2008), Individual and Community Factors Affecting Psychological Sense of Community, Attraction, and Neighboring in Rural Communities. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 45: 305–329. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.2008.00013.x
- Issue published online: 18 DEC 2008
- Article first published online: 18 DEC 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!