*I am grateful to the Canadian Sociology Association for selecting Do Men Mother? for the 2007 John Porter Tradition of Excellence Book Awards and for the invitation to give the Porter lecture at the CSA meetings at UBC in June 2008. I thank Ralph Matthews and three anonymous referees for excellent suggestions and critique on this article, as well as the fathers and mothers who took part in my research. Special thanks to Karen Foster, Carleton University PhD student, for editing assistance.
Gender Equality and Gender Differences: Parenting, Habitus, and Embodiment (The 2008 Porter Lecture)*
Article first published online: 28 APR 2009
© 2009 Canadian Sociological Association
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 46, Issue 2, pages 103–121, May 2009
How to Cite
DOUCET, A. (2009), Gender Equality and Gender Differences: Parenting, Habitus, and Embodiment (The 2008 Porter Lecture). Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 46: 103–121. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.2009.01206.x
- Issue published online: 28 APR 2009
- Article first published online: 28 APR 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!