The funders for the studies upon which this paper is based include the Social Science and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), The National Network on Environments and Women's Health (NNEWH), The National Health and Research Development Program (NHRDP), and the Laboratory Centres for Disease Control (LCDC), Health Canada. We would like to thank all the people who took time from their lives to participate in the research projects upon which the paper is based. We also want to acknowledge the contribution of our community partners (The Exotic Dancers' Alliance of Ontario; The Exotic Dancers Association of Canada; Maggie's, Toronto; Region of Peel Health Department; and Stella, Montreal) and all the research assistants who worked with us over the years. The authors for this paper contributed equally to the preparation of this manuscript.
Rising to the Challenge: Addressing the Concerns of People Working in the Sex Industry
Article first published online: 7 FEB 2011
© 2011 Canadian Sociological Association
Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie
Volume 48, Issue 1, pages 47–65, February 2011
How to Cite
SHAVER, F. M., LEWIS, J. and MATICKA-TYNDALE, E. (2011), Rising to the Challenge: Addressing the Concerns of People Working in the Sex Industry. Canadian Review of Sociology/Revue canadienne de sociologie, 48: 47–65. doi: 10.1111/j.1755-618X.2011.01249.x
- Issue published online: 7 FEB 2011
- Article first published online: 7 FEB 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!