Competition in two-sided markets
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
The RAND Journal of Economics
Volume 37, Issue 3, pages 668–691, September 2006
How to Cite
Armstrong, M. (2006), Competition in two-sided markets. The RAND Journal of Economics, 37: 668–691. doi: 10.1111/j.1756-2171.2006.tb00037.x
- Issue published online: 20 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
- and Market Provision of Broadcasting: A Welfare Analysis Review of Economic Studies, Vol. 72 (2005), pp. 947–972. Direct Link:
- The Theory of Access Pricing and Interconnection.” In M.Cave, S.Majumdar, and I.Vogelsang, eds., Handbook of Telecommunications Economics. Amsterdam : North-Holland, 2002.
- and Competitive Price Discrimination RAND Journal of Economics, Vol. 32 (2001), pp. 579–605.
- and Two-Sided Markets, Competitive Bottlenecks and Exclusive Contracts Economic Theory, forthcoming.
- Mergers and Malls Journal of Industrial Economics, Vol. 42 (1994), pp. 419–428.
- and Chicken and Egg: Competition Among Intermediation Service Providers. RAND Journal of Economics, Vol. 34 (2003), pp. 309–328.
- and Countervailing Power and Consumer Prices Economic Journal, Vol. 107 (1997), pp. 418–430.
- and Negotiations and Exclusivity Contracts for Advertising Marketing Science, Vol. 22 (2003), pp. 222–245.
- and Press Advertising and the Ascent of the ‘Pense Unique. European Economic Review, Vol. 45 (2001), pp. 641–651. , ,
- and Price Structure in Two-Sided Markets: Evidence from the Magazine Industry International Journal of Industrial Organization, Vol. 24 (2006), pp. 1–28.
- and Supply Function Equilibria in Oligopoly Under Uncertainty Econometrica, Vol. 57 (1989), pp. 1243–1277.
- and Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets Journal of the European Economic Association, Vol. 1 (2003), pp. 990–1029.
- and Two-Sided Markets: A Progress Report RAND Journal of Economics, Vol. 37 (2006), pp. 645–667.
- Competition Between Networks: A Study of the Market for Yellow Pages Review of Economic Studies, Vol. 71 (2004), pp. 483–512. Direct Link:
- and Do Consumers Search for the Highest Price? Oligopoly Equilibrium and Monopoly Optimum in Differentiated-Products Markets RAND Journal of Economics, Vol. 27 (1996), pp. 542–562.
- and Streets, Malls and Supermarkets Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, Vol. 14 (2005), pp. 29–59.
- Location and Spatial Pricing Theory with Nonconvex Transportation Cost Schedules Bell Journal of Economics, Vol. 13 (1982), pp. 575–582.
- and Spatial Competition with Intermediated Matching Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Vol. 34 (1998), pp. 477–488.
- Access Pricing Under Competition: An Application to Cellular Networks Journal of Industrial Economics, Vol. 50 (2002), pp. 289–316.