This article is a revision of the second chapter of my Ph.D. thesis. I especially thank Ariel Pakes, Gary Chamberlain and Dale Jorgenson for their valuable advice and support. I also thank John Asker, Steve Berry, Liran Einav, Gautam Gowrisankaran, Matthew Gentzkow, Hugo Hopenhayn, Jason Hwang, Markus Mobius, Julie Mortimer, Amil Petrin, the Editor, two anonymous referees and seminar participants at various institutions for their helpful comments. I am grateful to Steve Berry and Ariel Pakes for sharing their search algorithm used to estimate the pure characteristics demand model with multiple coefficients. All errors are mine.
Measuring consumerwelfareinthe CPU market: anapplication of the pure-characteristics demand model
Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
The RAND Journal of Economics
Volume 38, Issue 2, pages 429–446, June 2007
How to Cite
Song, M. (2007), Measuring consumerwelfareinthe CPU market: anapplication of the pure-characteristics demand model. The RAND Journal of Economics, 38: 429–446. doi: 10.1111/j.1756-2171.2007.tb00076.x
- Issue published online: 16 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 28 JUN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!