I thank Simon Anderson, Steven Stern and Maxim Engers for many helpful comments and suggestions. Editor Rob Porter and anonymous referees also offered valuable advice, as did Andrew Cohen, Peter Davis, Gautam Gowrisankaran, Bart Hamilton, Phillip Leslie, Steven Levitt and Raphael Thomadsen. Data and information on the University of Virginia (UVa) coffee market were generously provided by Diane McClellan and Susan Presto at ARAMARK/Greenberry's, John Salidis of Espresso Corner, Joseph and William Trager of Higher Grounds and Robert Harris at Starbucks. Jeffrey Tilman at UVa's Facilities Management Department and Michael Furlough of the UVa Geospatial and Statistical Data Center provided information and analysis that were crucial in constructing consumer population data.
Nonlinear pricing in an oligopoly market: the case of specialty coffee
Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
The RAND Journal of Economics
Volume 38, Issue 2, pages 512–532, June 2007
How to Cite
McManus, B. (2007), Nonlinear pricing in an oligopoly market: the case of specialty coffee. The RAND Journal of Economics, 38: 512–532. doi: 10.1111/j.1756-2171.2007.tb00081.x
- Issue online: 16 SEP 2008
- Version of Record online: 28 JUN 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!