We thank two anonymous referees and Ariel Pakes (editor) for very helpful comments. We also thank John Coffee, Craig Doidge, Vehung Errunza, Wayne Ferson, Andrew Karolyi, Karl Lins, Richard Lyons, John McConnell, Herve Moulin, Robert Nash, Laura Starks, Neal Stoughton, Rene Stulz, Sheridan Titman, Josef Zechner, seminar participants at various universities, at the McGill International Finance Symposium in Montreal, 2003; at the FMA-Europe meetings in Dublin, 2003; and at the Western Finance Association Meetings in Vancouver, 2004, for useful comments or discussions. Kailong Kai, Peter Hwang, and Chi Sheh provided exemplary research assistance. An earlier version of this article was presented as “Cross-Border Acquisitions and International Corporate Governance: Theory and Evidence from Foreign Stock Listings in the U.S.” All remaining shortcomings are our own responsibility.
Takeovers, market monitoring, and international corporate governance
Article first published online: 16 SEP 2008
© 2008, RAND
The RAND Journal of Economics
Volume 39, Issue 3, pages 850–874, Autumn 2008
How to Cite
Kumar, P. and Ramchand, L. (2008), Takeovers, market monitoring, and international corporate governance. The RAND Journal of Economics, 39: 850–874. doi: 10.1111/j.1756-2171.2008.00041.x
- Issue published online: 16 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 16 SEP 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!