We thank George Dallas and Gurinder Badial from the Standard & Poor's Governance Unit and Jos Van Bommel for very stimulating conversations and two anonymous referees for very useful comments. We have also benefited from the comments of Gary Biglaiser, Patrick Bolton, Jacques Crémer, Thierry Foucault, Johannes Horner, Ailsa Roëll, and Hyun Shin, as well as of the seminar audiences at the Oxford Saïd Business School, the University of Southampton, the London Business School, the London School of Economics, INSEAD, the University of Edinburgh, UW Madison, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella, Universidad de Montevideo, the conference in tribute to Jean-Jacques Laffont, Toulouse 2005, and the CEPR Conference in Gerzensee 2006. All remaining errors are ours.
The ownership of ratings
Article first published online: 4 MAY 2009
© 2009, RAND
The RAND Journal of Economics
Volume 40, Issue 2, pages 234–257, Summer 2009
How to Cite
Faure-Grimaud, A., Peyrache, E. and Quesada, L. (2009), The ownership of ratings. The RAND Journal of Economics, 40: 234–257. doi: 10.1111/j.1756-2171.2009.00063.x
- Issue published online: 4 MAY 2009
- Article first published online: 4 MAY 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!