We are grateful to Mark Armstrong (editor), anonymous referees, Benny Moldovanu, José Luis Moraga-González, Manfred Nermuth, Regis Renault, Sandro Shelegia, and Chris Wilson and to audiences at the EEA-ESEM 2009 in Barcelona, the Workshop “Search and Switching Costs” in Groningen, the “Theoretischer Ausschuß des Vereins für Socialpolitik,” the Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration, the University of Vienna, the Institute for Advanced Studies (Vienna), the Meeting of Austrian Competition Authorities, the Norwegian School of Management, the 2010 World Congress of the Econometric Society, and the ECARES (Université Libre de Bruxelles) for helpful comments. An earlier version of this article was circulated under the title “Sequential Search with Incompletely Informed Consumers: Theory and Evidence from Retail Gasoline Markets.” Janssen and Weidenholzer thank the Wiener Wissenschafts-, Forschungs- und Technologiefonds (WWTF) for financial support under project no. MA 09-017. The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Oesterreichische Nationalbank.
Oligopolistic markets with sequential search and production cost uncertainty
Article first published online: 12 SEP 2011
© 2011, RAND.
The RAND Journal of Economics
Volume 42, Issue 3, pages 444–470, Fall 2011
How to Cite
Janssen, M., Pichler, P. and Weidenholzer, S. (2011), Oligopolistic markets with sequential search and production cost uncertainty. The RAND Journal of Economics, 42: 444–470. doi: 10.1111/j.1756-2171.2011.00144.x
- Issue published online: 12 SEP 2011
- Article first published online: 12 SEP 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!