Anderson gratefully acknowledges research funding from the NSF under grant no. SES-0752923 and from the Bankard Fund at the University of Virginia. We thank the Autoridade da Concorrencia in Lisbon for its gracious hospitality, and the Portuguese-American Foundation for support. Comments from conference participants at EARIE 2007 (Valencia), Intertic-Milan (2008), the Economics of Advertising Conference in Bad Homburg (2008), and the CITE Conference on Information and Innovation in Melbourne (2009) and seminar participants at the Sauder School (UBC), Stern School (NYU), National University of Singapore, James Madison University, Catholic University of Leuven (KUL), and the universities of Oklahoma, New South Wales, Copenhagen, and North Carolina (Chapel Hill) are gratefully acknowledged. Suggestions from the editor and two referees were particularly helpful.
Competition for attention in the Information (overload) Age
Article first published online: 28 MAR 2012
© 2012, RAND.
The RAND Journal of Economics
Volume 43, Issue 1, pages 1–25, Spring 2012
How to Cite
Anderson, S. P. and de Palma, A. (2012), Competition for attention in the Information (overload) Age. The RAND Journal of Economics, 43: 1–25. doi: 10.1111/j.1756-2171.2011.00155.x
- Issue published online: 28 MAR 2012
- Article first published online: 28 MAR 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!