An earlier version of this article appeared as IZA Discussion Paper No. 327 and CEPR Discussion Paper No. 3490 entitled “A Product-Market Theory of Worker Training.” We are grateful to Thomas Borek, Stefan Bühler, Josef Falkinger, Salomon Faure, Dennis Gärtner, Stefan Imhof, Clare Leaver, Verena Liessem, Sarah Niggli, Andreas Polk, Max Pfister, Dario Sacco, Christoph Schmidt, Rahel Suter, Rainer Winkelmann, Josef Zweimüller, and participants at the International Conference on the Economics of Education in Zurich (2008) for helpful discussions. Two referees and the editor, Ben Hermalin, provided insightful comments.
Product markets and industry-specific training
Version of Record online: 16 OCT 2012
© 2012, RAND.
The RAND Journal of Economics
Volume 43, Issue 3, pages 475–491, Fall 2012
How to Cite
Gersbach, H. and Schmutzler, A. (2012), Product markets and industry-specific training. The RAND Journal of Economics, 43: 475–491. doi: 10.1111/j.1756-2171.2012.00182.x
- Issue online: 16 OCT 2012
- Version of Record online: 16 OCT 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!