Version of Record online: 3 NOV 2010
© 2010 The Mark Twain Circle of America/Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
The Mark Twain Annual
Volume 8, Issue 1, pages 22–28, November 2010
How to Cite
FISHKIN, S. F. (2010), Reflections. The Mark Twain Annual, 8: 22–28. doi: 10.1111/j.1756-2597.2010.00034.x
- Issue online: 3 NOV 2010
- Version of Record online: 3 NOV 2010
- Mark Twain on the Bed of Procrustes.” Literaturnaya Gazeta (Moscow), August 18, 1959, 4. Robert Belknap, Translator. In CharlesNeider, ed. Mark Twain and the Russians: An Exchange of Views. New York : Hill & Wang, 1960, 13-15. .
- The Question is Significantly More Profound: A Letter to Charles Neider.” Literaturnaya Gazeta (Moscow), December 12, 1959, 5. Robert Belknap, Translator. In CharlesNeider, ed. Mark Twain and the Russians: An Exchange of Views. New York : Hill & Wang, 1960, 19-24. .
- Crossroads of Cultures: The Transnational Turn in American Studies—Presidential Address to the American Studies Association, November 12, 2004. American Quarterly. 57: 1 (2005): 17-57. .
- Fishkin, Shelley Fisher ed. The Mark Twain Anthology: Great Writers on His Life and Works. New York : The Library of America, 2010.
- Remembering an Extraordinary Scholar and Public Intellectual: Jim Zwick. Mark Twain Circular. Volume 22. April 2008, Number 1.
- Transnational American Literary Studies: The Case of Mark Twain.” In RobertLevine and CarolineLevander, eds. Companion to American Literary Studies. Blackwell, forthcoming 2011.
- Fishkin, Shelley Fisher and TakayukiTatsumi, eds. “New Perspectives on ‘The War-Prayer’– An International Forum. Mark Twain Studies, 2006. Rpt. In Journal of Transnational American Studies, 1:1, 2009 <http://escholarship.org/uc/search?entity=acgcc_jtas;volume=1;issue=1>
- Mark Twain Social Critic. New York : International Publishers, 1958.
- Mark Twain and the Robber Barons. Scanlan's Monthly, March 1970, 33-39. .
- Mark Twain: An American Prophet. New York : Houghton Mifflin, 1970.
- Journal of Transnational American Studies. Center for American Cultures and Global Contexts, University of California , Santa Barbara , and Program in American Studies, Stanford University. (eScholarship, University of California) http://escholarship.org/uc/acgcc_jtas
- The Imperial Routes of Mark Twain.” In Kaplan , The Anarchy of Empire in the Making of U.S. Culture. Cambridge : Harvard University Press, 2002. .
- Mark Twain: Exposer of the ‘Dollar Empire.’ A Speech by Lao She Commemorating the Fiftieth Anniversary of the Death of Mark Twain. US-China Review, 19 (Summer 1995): 11-15. (Zhao Yuming, Sui Gang and J.R. LeMaster, Translators). In Fishkin , ed., The Mark Twain Anthology, 283-288. [The prominent Chinese writer Lao She delivered this speech in Beijing in 1960, but it seems to have been written for him by another prominent Chinese writer, Yuan Kejia.] . [Yuan Kejia]. “
- “Escenas Norteamericanas” (“North American scenes”). (La Nación, Buenos Aires) (sent November 27, 1884, and published January 11, 1885). Reprinted in José Martí: Obras Completas, volume 1 (Havana: Editorial Lex, 1946): 1575-79. In Fishkin, ed., The Mark Twain Anthology, 48-53, (Edward M. Test, Translator). .
- “Escenas Norteamericanas” (“North American scenes”). (La Nación, Buenos Aires) (sent January 9 1890, and published February 20, 1890). Reprinted in Obras Completas de Martí,, volume 38 (Havana: Editorial Trópico, 1941): 113-22. (Rubén Builes and Cintia Santana, Translators).
- “Escenas Norteamericanas” (“North American scenes”). (La Nación, Buenos Aires) (sent January 13, 1890, and published March 12, 1890). (Rubén Builes and Cintia Santana, Translators). Reprinted in Obras Completas de Martí, volume 40 (Havana: Editorial Trópico, 1942): 113-22. In Fishkin, ed., The Mark Twain Anthology, 53-55. (Rubén Builes and Cintia Santana, Translators).
- Shaw, Angel Velasco and Luis H.Francia, eds. Vestiges of War: The Philippine-American War and the Aftermath of an Imperial Dream, 1899-1999, edited by and published by New York University Press in 2002.
- [Mark Twain in America] Moscow:1963; revised edition, 1985. Fishkin, Mark Twain Anthology, 293-295 (Katya Vladimirov and Nina Yermakov Morgan, Translators). .
- Treaty with China.” New York Tribune, August 4, 1868. In Journal of Transnational American Studies 2:1 (2010) <http://escholarship.org/uc/item/2r87m203>
- Mark Twain, ‘The Treaty with China,’ and the Chinese Connection. Journal of Transnational American Studies. Volume 2, No. 1 (2010). <http://escholarship.org/uc/item/5t02n321> .
- Confronting Imperialism: Essays on Mark Twain and the Anti-Imperialist League. West Conshohocken , PA : Infinity Publishing, 2007. [Reprints, among other essays, the following pieces cited here: “Mark Twain's Hawaii,” and “Mark Twain's Anti-Imperialist Writings in the ‘American Century.’”] .
- Mark Twain and Imperialism.” In A Historical Guide to Mark Twain, ed. Shelley FisherFishkin. New York : Oxford University Press, 2002.
- Mark Twain's Weapons of Satire: Anti-Imperialist Writings on the Philippine-American War. Syracuse : Syracuse University Press, 1992.
- [See also the complete bibliography of Jim Zwick's publications in print and online in The Mark Twain Circular, Volume 22, April 2008, Number 1.]