Present address: Centre de Recherche Public – Gabriel Lippmann, and Luxembourg Center for Systems Biomedicine, University of Luxembourg, Belvaux, Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg.
Correlative microscopy for phylogenetic and ultrastructural characterization of microbial communities
Version of Record online: 22 AUG 2011
© 2011 Society for Applied Microbiology and Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Environmental Microbiology Reports
Thematic issue: Taxonomy and Biodiversity
Volume 4, Issue 1, pages 36–41, February 2012
How to Cite
Knierim, B., Luef, B., Wilmes, P., Webb, R. I., Auer, M., Comolli, L. R. and Banfield, J. F. (2012), Correlative microscopy for phylogenetic and ultrastructural characterization of microbial communities. Environmental Microbiology Reports, 4: 36–41. doi: 10.1111/j.1758-2229.2011.00275.x
Author contributions: B.K., B.L., P.W., R.I.W., M.A., L.R.C. and J.F.B. designed the research; B.K., B.L., P.W. and R.I.W. developed and performed the CARD-FISH; B.L. and L.R.C. cultured Caulobacter crescentus and B.L. prepared AMD biofilm samples; B.K., P.W. and R.I.W. prepared the resin samples and B.K. carried out the resin section transmission electron microscopy; B.L. and L.R.C. prepared the cryogenic samples and did the cryogenic electron microscopy; B.L. performed the electron dose calibration and optimization; B.K., B.L. and P.W. performed the fluorescence microscopy and confocal laser scanning microscopy; B.K., B.L. and L.R.C. prepared the figures; B.K., B.L., L.R.C. and J.F.B. prepared the manuscript. All authors contributed to the manuscript.
- Issue online: 7 FEB 2012
- Version of Record online: 22 AUG 2011
- Received 13 April, 2011; accepted 18 June, 2011.
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!